The MySQL Dump Timer is intended to backup MySQL databases and tables periodically (MySQL Dump). It also allows the transfer of a MySQL database and MySQL tables between different MySQL servers (= MySQL Backup AND MySQL Restore).
* Firewalls will not block the access to the MySQL database: A small PHP script which has to be copied to the webserver encapsulates (and encrypts) the access to the MySQL database.
* For every MySQL server different profiles can be defined.
* After every MySQL backup /MySQL dump it is possible to restore or transfer the MySQL tables to another MySQL server.
* (For examle: MySql databases from local computers can be transfered to remote servers in the internet and vice versa.)
* A scheduler can be customized to determine the MySQL databases and tables to be backup /dump -ed (and transferred / restore -d).
* Even if runtime limitations (timeouts) for scripts set by the providers you have no problems to backup MySQL databases or restore * MySQl databases because the data will be transferred compressed in parts of 100 KB - 5 MB packet size.
* The data can be transferred compressed (gzip) and encryped (blowfish or SSL) between client and server. If you backup MySQL databases (MySQL dump) the dumpfiles are stored compressed (gz-file).
Read The publisher description in: German